Mary's Biscotti Recipe
I used just chopped almonds! Yum!
I love when my girlfriends come to the store for coffee and pastries on Wednesday or if we meet for afternoon tea. It is always a great deal of fun. Mary Katsiaficas is one of the girls. Her recipe for biscotti is so fabulous. When Mary bakes, no one skips a get together. These are so simple to make and take no time at all. They are wonderful right out of the oven and for days to come. You can also freeze them for when you have people over on a whim. I'll warn you, if you're like me, you will eat most of them. I hope you enjoy! Thank you Mary for sharing your recipe!
Yields: 30 to 40 small biscotti
1 cup sugar
1/4 lb melted butter
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 3/4 cups flour (approximately)
1 1/2 or 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (I use 1 1/2 teaspoons)
3/4 cup chopped nuts (I use almonds)
3/4 cup cranraisons
1. In your stand mixer, beat together the eggs and sugar until creamy.
2. Add the melted butter and vanilla.
3. In separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
4. Add the four mixture to your wet ingredients and mix.
5. Stir in the nuts and cranraisons. The dough will be sticky, which is what you want.
6. Make 4 loaves about 2" wide and 1/4" high.
7. Place your loaves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Keep them spaced apart for they will spread a little in the oven.
8. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 25 minutes. Remove and slice while hot.
9. Flip the slices on their side and bake on each side for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on a rack.