An Abundance Of Cherry Tomatoes........No Problem!
AN ABUNDANCE OF CHERRY TOMATOES.....NO PROBLEM!
The morning pick.
My wild cherry tomato patch!
My trips to the market this week have been daily treks into my wild cherry tomato patch, which probably consists of about 60 or so wild cherry tomato plants. All grown, without help from me, from seeds from last years plants. It is a wonderful, wonderful thing. But what to do with all those cherry tomatoes....well, I have become a expert at creative ways to use my abundance.
1. Just eat them! Yum!
2. Chop for use in salads.
3. Make a fabulous salsa (one of my favorites) by combining tomatoes, jajapeno peppers, lime juice, cilantro, red onion, and a pinch of salt.
4. Make a traditional bruschetta by combining tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper. Serve with a toasted baguette.
5. Roast with olive oil, salt & pepper, adding basil at the end.
6. Make a pizza (another favorite).
7. Make a tomato omelet or frittata.
8. Make a fabulous tomato sauce.
9. Saute with a little olive oil, garlic, basil, and serve over pasta.
10. Saute with a little olive oil, garlic, basil, and serve over zucchini spaghetti (another favorite).
11. Make a panzanella salad, by combining toasted baguette croutons with tomatoes, basil, red pepper, cucumber, red onion, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
12. Saute with olive oil and add some cream, bring to a boil, reduce heat and let the cream thicken, add some fresh chopped basil and a pinch of salt & pepper to make a great creamed tomato sauce to top pasta, rice, or chicken.
13. Finally, just throw them in a freezer safe container, as is, and put in the freezer for use on a later date.